Reading Time : 9 minutes
It is in the darkest moments
hat the light shines the brightest.
As we did for 2021, in this article we are going to provide an overall view of 2022 Astrology. This year is going to be more rich and complex, in terms of astrological events. For this reason, I want to stress out again the importance of having in front of us the big picture of the year ahead, and taking a moment to contemplate it.
I’ve already talked about information fragmentation, as one of astrology main problems. Simply put, we tend to focus on single astrological events, tackling them one after the other. And by doing so, we loose contact with the essence of the year, which we should star looking at as a real spiritual being.
This article wants to be a contribution to get that connection back. It’s way much difficult to do it as we are going through the Wheel of the Year. In fact when we are inside the astral turbulence, we are too identified with what’s happening to us to be able to do so.
Let’s start by looking at this picture, that summarizes in a single glyph the astrological events of 2022.
We are leaving behind 2021—a year characterized by the Air Element. Mainly, 2022 is going to focus on both the Air and the Earth Elements. This for several reasons that we are going to take into account in this article, breaking down the glyph into its components.
As you can see next year glyph is more complex, because compared to last year, Mars and Venus were added. The circle in black at the center is the wheel of the Zodiac, as you can see from the twelve Zodiac Signs of the same color all around it. Then, we find:
- In green, the orbit of Venus—which is going to get retrograde in Capricorn soon, on December 19th. This event introduces the Earth Element, since Venus’ stay in Capricorn is going to last until early March 2022.
- In yellow, the orbit of Mercury doing its three retrogrades stops during the year. Mercury is going to stop in all three air signs, as it did in 2021: Aquarius, Gemini and Libra. However, after going retrograde it’s going enter back the three preceding Earth signs: Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo. As you can see, the Air-Earth pattern starts to take shape.
- In purple, we find the positions of the two lunar nodes, the spots where eclipses take place. In late December, the North Node, the so called head of the Dragon, is going to enter Taurus (earth sign). And the South Node, the tail of the Dragon, is going to move to Scorpio (water sign). This means that all 2022 Eclipses are going to take place in those signs.
- In blue, Jupiter. As we know, Jupiter changes sign once a year, giving it a specific color. On December 29th, Jupiter is going to enter Pisces, as it did in May 2021. This is going to bring beneficial forces of harmonization, thanks to the aspects it’s going to make with all three trans-Saturnian planets: Uranus, Neptune and Pluto.
- In red, we have the orbit of Mars retrograde. Mars is going to stay in Gemini (air sign) for an exceptionally long period of time: from late August 2022 to late march 2023. This is going to boost the air element for this year.
- Lastly, we have also in red the well known Saturn Uranus Square. We’ve been discussing about it though out all 2021. And even though it’s not going to perfect again in 2022, it’s going to almost doing it, performing a partile aspect in fall 2022.
Let’s see now all these points into more detail. We are going to deepen them in specific articles as the year unfolds. So we’re just going to get here a preview of what’s coming next.
I consider myself a free researcher in western spiritual disciplines, in particular Rudolf Steiner’s Anthroposophy and the Neoplatonic Hermetic tradition. I have a three-year training in Astrology at the CIDA delegation of Trieste, the Italian Center for Astrological Disciplines. I graduated in Computer Engineering from the University of Trieste.